Saturday, February 27, 2016

POST LIFE “Living Can Wait” C30
(Papermade Records)




“Indie” is the genre this album is listed under, and accurately so. A more accurate genre name would be "Indie With A Brewing Proclivity Towards Success." I determined this after giving the tape two listens. In my first listen I wasn’t sure what to think. Could it be? Am I really listening to grade-A indie material? In my second listen I found out.

Warehauz is as pure as it is raw. It's garnished by the super abstract lyrics it presents. It was a good idea making this the first track on the album; it makes the listener aware that they've popped in a pretty great tape to listen to.

23 reminisces of happier songs from days of yore. And by "yore", I refer to the early 2000s. You won't be able to help singing along to the "high–HIGH-er, high–HIGH-er, now~"s wherever they appear. Embrace these catchy rhythms. Give in.

The lack of lyrics in Serotonin paints a far prettier picture than the track would with any more words. Seretonin? More like... play for Conan... it's a stretch, but that's the way you're headed.

Tabasco is as spicy a track as you imagine. The shift to a male vocalist was not a bad decision at all; I laud it. He's a tasty, tasty speaker. This band burns with potential. 

Prey is the little ditty you heard as a child, the one they played briefly as television transitions on some channels. It's nostalgic. It's anti-prophetic. It's art.

NextGen is my favorite track on the album, and here’s why: the "singing seamstress", Brianna, uses a voice different from the fairy-tale-esque high pitched whisper-scream tone she uses in the rest of the tracks; the result is a marvelous one, especially because the song itself was so damn catchy! 

Dissolve makes apparent the potential in the vocalist’s throat. Just take a moment to admire the highs and lows of her singing. It's more than decent. It's more than noticeable.

And last, but not least, the song Post Life; it describes its namesake band perfectly. I just really really really like it. It reminds me of the Strokes. I picture them as the Strokes of an alternate universe, with a Brianna Casablancas for the lead singer. That’s the best way for me to describe the album in general, really. This is the second coming of one of the greatest indie bands ever to have existed. There are myriad gaps that the Strokes skipped over in their conquest of the indie rock genre, and Post Life seeks to fill them with their own music.

This is the kind of band whose future you stay wary of. These folks–– Brianna, Michael, Erik, and Greg–– showed a ton of potential in this album. Only their sophomore album will tell where they get. I have very high hopes for this band. I wish you luck, Post Life. I’m certainly glad to own your tape. It’s a damn good album. :')

So now let’s do the maths.

Two points for reminding me of my favorite band, another for a sweet album cover, and take a point for every member. Actually, yeah, sure, have another point. I’ll take it from Holy Hills.

Your album scored an 8/10 on my scale. That's remarkable. You're remarkable.


https://postlifela.bandcamp.com/
https://papermademusic.bandcamp.com/

-- Mansoor Syed



P.S. High expectations. Don't disappoint.

3 comments:

  1. Hello friend, i want to share my testimony on how i got my BLANK ATM card which have change my life today. i was once living on the street where by things were so hard for me, even to pay off my bills was very difficult for me i have to park off my apartment and start sleeping on the street of Vegas. i tried all i could do to secure a job but all went in vain because i was from the black side of America. so i decided to browse through on my phone for jobs online where i got an advert on Hackers advertising a Blank ATM card which can be used to hack any ATM Machine all over the world, i never thought this could be real because most advert on the internet are based on fraud, so i decided to give this a try and look where it will lead me to if it can change my life for good. i contacted this hackers and they told me they are from Africa and also they have branch all over the world in which they use in developing there ATM CARDS, this is real and not a scam it have help me out. to cut the story short this men who were geeks and also experts at ATM repairs, programming and execution who taught me various tips and tricks about breaking into an ATM Machine with a Blank ATM card.i applied for the Blank ATM card and it was delivered to me within 3 days and i did as i was told to and today my life have change from a street walker to my house, there is no ATM MACHINES this BLANK ATM CARD CANNOT penetrate into it because it have been programmed with various tools and software before it will be send to you. my life have really change and i want to share this to the world, i know this is illegal but also a smart way of living Big because the government cannot help us so we have to help our self. if you also want this BLANK ATM CARD i want you to contact the Hackers email on wisdom.blankatmhacker@hotmail.com and you life will never remain the same

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally got my debts of my neck and i have enough money saved for my Christmas shopping. It all happened as i stumbled into this email address davidbenjaminltd@outlook.com initially i was looking to get extra jobs to boost my salary and i found how the blank atm card from this company gives you more than $80,000 all in 1 month. At first i though it was another internet scheme until i saw several reviews of how this blank card from this company has changed the lives of many without hesitation i ordered for the card and in less than 3 days it was delivered to me and the agent showed me how it works and it was even tested its been just 3 weeks and everything seems a lot less stressful this company has really changed my life and standard of living. I would love you on this site to visit davidbenjaminltd@outlook.com and get a card today to ease that stress and get good money its so quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone am ASHA from USA am using this medium to announce to the world and those in need of financial stability to look no further but contact davidbenjaminltd@outlook.com who helped me with the card in less than 1 week after being scammed of my money by others and yet no card. Are you in need of a loan? Or some sort of financial distress and need saving, SEIZE this opportunity and get rich in no time. There are no hidden charges and they deal on transparency basis. I am forever grateful to DAVID BENJAMIN for changing my life a whole new after being scammed by 2 companies who took advantage of me Contact via email on
    davidbenjaminltd@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete