Monday, March 28, 2016

JSCA “No Ends” (Alien Passenger)



7deep15me abstract noise compositions. Let me be clear: there is a place for them in the world. However, I listened to JSCA’s attempt at them and didn’t like it. So many things about it just weren’t to my liking. But I always try to respect the artist and don’t want to give a harsh review. So instead, here is how I would discuss “No Ends” with someone if I were a character in a Dr. Seuss book.

Do you like dreary synths and repetitive bass? 
I do not like dreary synths and repetitive bass.
Would you like them on the go?
I listened in my room, so I wouldn’t know.
Could you like them on the moon?
The music is boringly try hard, I’d be asleep just as soon.
How about while tipping a cow?
Both the tape and such dastardly activity I disavow.
My good fellow, have you no appreciation for the sinister drone?
After hearing what JSCA did with it I’d rather choke to death on a scone.
What could make it more to your liking?
Strike some life into it or just strike me with lightning!


-- Roy Blumenfeld

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Roy- I don't get why you keep reviewing these noise tapes either. You don't really seem to have any interest or context for them. Seeing as how this is one of the few sites that even covers this kinda stuff it'd be cool if you passed em along to someone else.
    Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete