Thursday, November 17, 2016

GIOVANNI LAMI “Opale” C22 (Dinzu Artefacts)




The inaugural Dinzu Artefacts batch – the label an extension of the Spring Break Tapes brand (but of course its own thing) – is a monument to sound sculpture. Let those words sink in for a second. Giovanni Lami, whose Opale consists of two sides, “Primo Solco” and “Secondo Solco,” has concocted, for his part, a piece of experimental music that defies the traditional boundaries of concept and execution, of the physical and audible. It’s like he’s placed a theoretical audio mirror in the same room as all the source material he’s drawn from for Opale, and in doing so the monument becomes a monument to the monument, a sound sculpture chiseled in ProTools (or whatever) that acts as a sound sculpture to his sound sculpture. The mirror becomes itself, reflecting whatever it’s defining into infinity, and therefore ends up becoming defined by it.

Lami, a Ravenna-born artist (that’s in Italy, you lazy map truthers), literally builds Opale, his sonic carpentry coalescing itself into one structure or another before moving on to the next level. Field recordings mix with ambient texture, resulting in combinations that are almost tangible. Lami’s experimental processes are never less than interesting, as each moment escapes pure sound and becomes physically tactile, a magic trick that my imagination completes as the willing participant. Each side stretches over ten minutes, and getting lost in the pieces is the easy part – reacclimating yourself to the world as you remember it is the tricky bit. Opale is perfect for museum earbud accompaniment as you stroll through corridors of modern art.



--Ryan Masteller


3 comments:

  1. My names are Jessica Switch from united states. Merry Christmas in advance friends, become rich today and take the risk of transforming your own life. Try and get a blank ATM card today from (MR TOM HOOPER) and be among the lucky ones who are benefiting from this cards. This PROGRAMMED blank ATM card is capable of hacking into any ATM machine, anywhere in the world. I got to know about this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month ago.. It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I'm rich because am a living testimony. The least money I get in a day with this card is about $4,000. Every now and then I keeping pumping money into my account. Though is illegal, there is no risk of being caught, because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable, it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you.. For details on how to get yours today, E-mail the hackers on ( Tomhooperhackersworld@yahoo.com ) or text him on +1 (914)-517-3229.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever heard of the Blank ATM card capable of making cash withdrawal without being caught? I use to be a very poor lady, and life seems to be throwing up on me. So i was left with no choice than to extend my search, and i finally came across Shawbrook ATM Hackers. Though i had my doubts at first, because i have tried getting the card some time ago and i was ripped of my money. But i was left with no choice than to try again simply because i had a better understanding of the card from Shawbrook ATM Hackers. To my surprise, i got the blank card within a week. And with this card, i have been able to withdraw more than $100,000 already. I am using this medium to appreciate the good works of Shawbrook ATM Hackers, for giving the poor,hopeless and homeless a chance to keep on breathing, unlike those other fake hackers that keep on stealing from the poor only to make them more miserable. And to those of you out there having difficulties in life and have as well suffered from the hands of those fake hackers, here is another chance for you. Look no further but contact shawbrookblankatmhackers@outlook.com.

    ReplyDelete

  3. When i could not face my Debt any more, my son was on hospital bed for surgery that involve huge money and i also needed some money to refinance and get a good home then i have to seeks for Assistance from friends and when there was no hope any more i decide to go online to seek a loan and i find Kumaresan Kahlil Loan Investment Company (feiyenloan@gmail.com) with 2% interest Rate and applied immediately with my details as directed. Within seven Days of my application he wired my loan amount with No hidden charges and i could take care of my son medical bills, Renew my rent bill and pay off my debt. I will advice every loan seeker to contact Kumaresan Kahlil Loan Investment Company For easy and safe Transaction.

    ReplyDelete