HIGH SUNN
"Natural Instinct"
(Grabbing Clouds Records)




As soon as the first song on this album was over, I thought to myself, "either this band is from California, or they desperately want to be." Sure enough, they're from San Francisco. This album just has that smooth, dreamy sound with a little surf and jangle that all bands from California seem to have.

As I read on about High Sunn, I discovered that it's actually a one man project. His name is Justin Cheromiah. Not only is it a one man project, but he's only 16 years old. So Justin if you're reading this, I would just like to say that I am truly from the bottom of my heart jealous. I wish I had this kind of talent and songwriting ability at the age of 16.

This album sounds like summer. It sounds like sunshine. It sounds like wind in your hair. It sounds like the summer in your teenage years that you spent at the beach with that one girl that you never forgot. Whatever you wanna call this album, I want more of it. 

So if the weather's nice, put the windows down and let High Sunn take your mind off your problems for a while.

https://highsunn.bandcamp.com

-- Garrett Douglas