777 CD-R Label




Well, I've gone and done it. I'm posting something about a CD-R label (they still have those?). First off, I'd still rather not accept CD-R submissions at the mailing address, so please don't send them. (Wow, that's so unfair!?! Gee, so is life folks). I'm really just here to let the people know that there is still some damn fine music coming out on those horrid plastic things. But please don't take this as my encouragement of the format's continued existence.  777 for instance, a label which I think is from Asia, is specializing in limited edition releases of really fucked up music from around the world on recordable digital media. There's an upcoming archival release from Lisa Carver's old band Psychodrama that got me kind of excited, so I decided to check out the other releases.  Any label that's putting out Astral Social Club offshoots, Don Bolles mixtapes, Alejandro Jodorowsky spoken word, plus Excepter, Aaron Dilloway, Sissy Spacek, Kommissar Hjuler & GG Allin, as well as compilations featuring members of Boredoms is alright with me, no matter what format they choose to dish it out on.

Email seven3wassix6 [at] gmail [dot] com for more information. Or check out the website: http://777was666.com/ ... thought the Psychodrama thing isn't up for sale yet.  It looks like there's also an associated tape label called 666 that has a bunch more compilations with artists from the same scene.  It looks like some of those are (bootleg?) reissues of some 80s stuff...but I haven't quite figured it all out yet.  Anyway...interesting label. Glad I found it.

More on the Psychodrama release:
[Interview] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci_uD6ridl0
[Live] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yXP4ebguBI

I'm going to go wash myself now...