DR. BURTRUM
“Techno Shit”
(SDM Records)




I’m going to go out on a limb here… But I’m not so sure that this guy is a real doctor. That aside, I laughed out loud when I saw the name of this album. It’s very honest and straight to the point.

I’ve never been much of an EDM or house music kind of guy. I just feel like that’s not something you get into unless you’re at a rave and you’re really drugged out. That’s just not my forte. Don’t get me wrong, this album isn’t bad at all. I’m not so sure that I’m the best person to talk about this type of music. When I was a kid my favorite movie was Space Jam. When I first started listening to this album it reminded me a lot of the music that would play in the final basketball game of the movie.

If EDM is your thing, then by all means give this a shot. I think the real reason that I can’t enjoy it is because I’m too self-conscious about my lack of dancing skills, but this album sure makes me wish I knew how.

Dr. Burtrum
Facebook

-- Garrett Douglas