MOUNTAIN MOVERS
“Sunday Drive/No Plans”
(C/Site Recordings)




I’ll never forget the first time I listened to Dark Side of the Moon. I was in the 6th grade and I was 12 years old at the time. One of my best friends John lived in a really nice neighborhood and his parents were rich. I’d go over to his house at least once a week with my other friend Jack so we could all play guitar together. One day his dad bought a ridiculously nice brand new turntable with new speakers and a remastered version of Dark Side of the Moon on vinyl. That night, the three of us jammed until at least two in the morning. Then the three of us sat directly in front of those enormous new speakers and I experienced true psychedelic rock for the first time in my life.

I may have gotten a little carried away with telling that story, but honestly listening to this cassette brought me back to that moment for just a little while. I’m not saying that this band is Pink Floyd or that this cassette is Dark Side of the Moon. I’m just really happy that this tape ended up in my hands because it’s nice to be reminded that rock n roll is alive and well. This brought me back to the days in high school when my band would jam in my basement from when we got out of school until midnight when my mom would make everybody go home. The cassettes are all gone, and unfortunately I could only find one of the songs on soundcloud. Everybody needs a good psychedelic jam every now and then.

Mountain Movers
C/Site Recordings

-- Garrett Douglas