KAZUKI KOGA
“The Salathé Wall”
(Apothecary Compositions)




To me, “The Salathé Wall” feels like an electronic album that a fair amount of work was put into. The album is very detail oriented, and presents a lot of experimental sound design with a style similar to arca, lotic, m.e.s.h, etc. The heavy moments of the album feature mangled percussive samples underneath the pretty synthetic sounds being played on top. The album flows as one piece, and changes slightly at specific points to keep the listener off guard when following repetitive moments. The twisted, repetitive sample manipulation on this album keep me interested. I’d be fine with this album being twice it’s length, and I’d say this album has made me anticipative of a new Kazuki Koga release.

https://apothecarycompositions.bandcamp.com/album/the-salath-wall

-- Lucas Martinez