DANG OLSEN DREAM TAPE “Just Roll” C33 (Constellation Tatsu)



If I had the money, I’d love to make a sound instillation with this tape playing on various boom boxes every fifty feet along a lazy beach, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.  It’s an instant mood elevator and nervous system calmer in one. The word ‘dreamy’ gets over-used, but this tape should be pictured in the dictionary above the definition.

Myriad synth mantras amble in and out of step with crisp, minimal beats that somehow hang out in the foreground without dominating, the moods varying from oh-man-I-slept-through-the-alarm-but-it’s-all-good-groggy to woke-up-to-piss-and-caught-a-shooting-star! This tape is good fucking times and I may just buy another back up in case I wear this one out! Hot damn!

and/or


- - Jacob An Kittenplan