TWO DADS TWO SONS EMOJI
"Frotting” C32
(Gay Hippie Vampire)




Speaking of “a touchy subject*”, I grew up in southwestern Ohio; landlocked, but near-drowning every single day in the turbulent oceans of homophobia that ran rampant there. I hear it’s better now, in Dayton, but I can’t help but wonder what kind of reaction I’d get from wearing a t-shirt with a giant TWO DADS TWO SONS EMOJI on the front. I’m sure one could make up a thousand different stories before running out of explanations that would bewilder the local inquirers. Now, what’d REALLY offend about 95% of my Midwestern neighbors back then would have been to blast this noisy half hour of droning tape loops over a bar’s sound system.

“Hey, man, now look. If I wanted to listen to a vacuum cleaner and a lawnmower going at it from the next room over, I’d just record my Sunday afternoon, gawht-dhamnnit!”

is an example of the gentle ribbing I might get. And it’s not that far off the mark. A blissful chorus of sleeping fan, idling tractor, storm-battered picture window, sweaty Air Conditioner, and a juuuuust-not-quite-closed-car-door-whilst-barreling-down-the-interstate is all but buried here within these two 16 minute long stretches of magnetized tape. I reckon this release’d sound amazing played through a bass amp, next to an actual ocean, lunchtime schoolyard, and/or maybe a wooded haven of cicadas.

https://gayhippievampire.bandcamp.com/album/frotting

  --Jacob An Kittenplan

*don’t frot over it if you didn’t get the superficial pun at first ☺